Nowadays we seem to take air conditioning units for granted. Being bathed in cool air during the sweltering summer months used to be a luxury only available to the wealthy. Fortunately, most Americans can now afford to install an AC unit in their home. However, these units require maintenance to ensure they work properly. Here are some reasons you need to schedule air conditioning service in St. George, UT at least once a year:
- Prevent repairs: As mentioned above, AC unit repairs can be very expensive. New parts can cost a pretty penny, especially if they have to be custom ordered by the shop. On top of that, labor fees can be high if the repair takes a while to complete. The best way to save money on those repairs is to ensure they don’t need to be made in the first place. A yearly checkup by one of our professionals is inexpensive compared to the cost of hiring a repairman in an emergency situation.
- Increase lifespan: Did you know that if you properly maintain your AC system, you can expect the unit to last around 15 to 20 years? Without proper maintenance, that lifespan can be cut in half. It’s just like a car in that, the better you take care of it, the better (and longer) it will run. Replacing a new AC unit can be pretty costly, so save yourself the trouble and expense of buying a new unit by maintaining the one you already have.
- Save money on your electric bill: An air conditioning unit that hasn’t been maintained properly will eventually start to lose efficiency. Slowly but surely, your unit will have to work a little bit harder and longer to put out the same amount of cooler air. The longer your unit is running, the more electricity it’s going to use, steadily increasing your electric bill each month. A technician performing yearly air conditioning service will lubricate and clean all of the necessary parts of your unit to ensure it runs as efficiently as possible all summer long!
- Get speedy service: Since the temperature has begun to drop and you probably haven’t needed to turn on your AC for a while, we know you haven’t been thinking about calling for service yet—but you should. As the summer gets closer and closer, we get more and more calls for scheduled maintenance and repairs. We’re able to service air conditioners all year long, so we recommend calling us during the cooler months before our schedule starts to fill up.
- Know who you’re working with: There are plenty of quality AC repairmen, but there are also a handful of less reputable companies out there willing to take your money, but not properly service your unit. If you schedule yearly air conditioning service in St. George, UT, you’ll be working with the same quality professionals year in and year out.
Don’t get caught in the heat next summer—call Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning today to schedule air conditioning service in St. George, UT!
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Service
This post was written by Writer