As the weather warms up, it signals that air conditioning season is on the way. Before you know it, the outside temperature will be unbearable and require you to keep cool with your AC system. While it has likely been several months since you last used your air conditioner, you still want to make sure it is ready to beat the heat this summer by watching for these common issues that require AC repair in St. George, UT:
- Leaks: When the air from your AC system is just not cold, you may have a leak that is allowing refrigerant to seep out. Leaks should be located and repaired by an HVAC service to ensure your home is able to stay cool and comfortable all summer long. Allowing refrigerant to leak into the atmosphere is dangerous to the environment and needs to be addressed by an HVAC service as soon as possible.
- Clogged filters: Dirty filters are the most common reason for AC repair in St. George, UT. You need to change your air filter regularly to ensure that your air conditioning system can filter air throughout your home. A clogged filter can cause your AC unit to stop working, and will require cleaning or changing to get it functional again.
- Electrical failures: Lack of power to your AC unit can be a signal of faulty wiring. If left untreated, it can result in a hazardous electrical fire. If your air conditioning system is tripping the circuit breaker or has no power at all, you will need to have the electrical wiring inspected. If you smell smoke, do not continue to operate your air conditioning unit, as this is a sign that your wiring needs repair right away.
- Broken fan: The fan of your air conditioner is integral to its operation. It moves the cool air into your home, and without proper function, it can cause your compressor to fail from overheating. If you notice that air is not blowing properly throughout your home (or not blowing at all), your fan may be to blame, and you’ll need AC repair in St. George, UT to fix it.
- Drainage problems: Your condensate drain needs to be cleaned on a regular basis, as it can become clogged with debris and impede the operation of your air conditioner. If left to fester, it can enable mold or algae to grow, making it harmful to operate your AC unit at all. Allow an HVAC service to clear your drain of clogs so additional leaks don’t occur throughout your cooling system.
Calling for AC repair in St. George, UT now, before the summer hits, can help you make sure you stay cool when the weather heats up. Watch for these common problems and call your HVAC service at the first sign of issues. To have your AC system inspected or repaired, contact Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning. We are a certified HVAC and refrigeration company that can help you with all your heating, cooling and refrigeration needs.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Service
This post was written by Writer