We’re in the dead of winter, which means that it’s time to crank up your furnace and huddle in for just a few more chilly months! Properly preparing and winterizing your home’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system can help you to avoid the worst of the year’s winter weather, and enjoy the colder season just a little bit more. Performing regular maintenance can help you avoid costly and unnecessary furnace repair in St. George, UT later on down the road.
There are a number of ways that you can maximize your HVAC system’s effectiveness, and ensure that you are kept warm throughout the entirety of the year. Consulting with experts on furnace repair in St. George, UT is the best way to ensure that you are properly winterizing your HVAC system.
Here are just a few common-sense steps that you can take to help your HVAC system make it through the rest of the winter:
- Check the filters: The air filters in your HVAC system should be completely clean, and totally free of any dust or debris. Remove all of your system’s air filters, and either clean them or replace them. This will allow air to flow more effectively, and improve your home’s indoor air quality.
- Clean the vents: You should also clean the interior of your home’s ductwork as much as possible before or during the winter season. Dirty vents will make it more difficult for air to flow effectively, and may result in the discharge of allergens or bacteria into your home.
- Enhance your insulation: Insulation is an important component of your home that can tremendously affect your heater’s efficiency. You should work to ensure that your home has the best possible amount of insulation. Additionally, you should work to insulate areas surrounding ducts and heat vents.
- Check your thermostat: You should make sure that your thermostat has a strong set of working batteries before winter descends. You may also want to consider investing in a programmable or smart thermostat that can adjust the output of your furnace while you are either sleeping or at work.
- Cover your air conditioner: The outdoor unit of your air conditioning system could be leaching heat away from the interior of your home! You should invest in a cost-effective air conditioning unit cover before winter sets in to prevent this loss of energy. Experts in furnace repair in St. George, UT can assist you with properly installing the cover.
Since 1998, Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning has been the premier provider of furnace repair in St. George, UT. You can count on us to provide your HVAC system with dependable, high-quality maintenance and repair services. We are proud to be the region’s foremost experts on HVAC system upkeep and care. Whether you’re looking for assistance with regularly scheduled maintenance or are hoping to repair or install an entirely new system, we are here to help. Reach out to one of our friendly and professional representatives as soon as possible to learn more about our full range of services!
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin