Five Reasons to Consider Investing in Custom DuctworkMarch 3, 2018 2:57 pm Leave your thoughts
Is the temperature in your home or business less comfortable than it’s been in previous years, or does your energy bill seem unusually high? If you answered yes to either of these questions, it may not be your HVAC unit’s fault. It may be your ductwork.
People often forget that the ductwork is an important component of their heating and cooling system. Duct work that is improperly installed, worn or simply designed improperly for your system can result in poor air quality, high energy bills and inefficient heating and cooling systems. Below are just a few basic ductwork problems that we come across as an HVAC contractor in St. George, UT:
- Leaks: Over time, your ducts can loosen or become damaged, which causes loss of air as it moves through the ductwork. In fact, the average home loses 20 to 40 percent of the air moved through the system, which can result in high energy bills.
- Loose joints: Constant heating and cooling causes the duct connections to expand and contract, which can result in improperly sealed joints.
- Loose seals: Seals around vents going into or coming out of the home can easily loosen, which can result in spilled air leaking into the walls and under the floor boards of your home.
- Damaged flexible ductwork: Flexible ductwork can become twisted, kinked, crushed or even torn over time.
Should you get custom ductwork?
If your ductwork is the root problem of your HVAC woes, there is a solution. Custom ductwork can help resolve and prevent many of the common problems that might occur with your ductwork. In fact, here are five reasons why you should consider investing in custom ductwork for your home or business:
- Increased comfort: Custom duct work allows the air to move more freely, which means your HVAC system will be able to provide a more comfortable, consistent temperature in all the rooms in your home.
- Improved efficiency: Less air is lost when you have custom ductwork, which means your system can function more efficiently, saving you from high energy costs.
- Cleaner air: Custom ductwork is less likely to become dirty or clogged over time, which means that the air in your home will be less likely to circulate allergens and bacteria.
- Peace of mind: Clogs and damaged ductwork can not only damage your HVAC unit and your home—they can also be dangerous. Custom ductwork helps decrease these risks giving you peace of mind.
- Avoid repairs: While custom ductwork may cost more up front, it will help you avoid costly repairs to your HVAC unit or having to replace your ductwork later on.
If you’re considering installing custom ductwork in your home or business in Utah, be sure to contact Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning, your local HVAC contractor in St. George, UT. To learn more about our services and how we can help improve the efficiency of your HVAC system with custom ductwork, call us today!
Categorised in: Air Ducts
This post was written by admin