Your air conditioner is one of the hardest working appliances in your home. It keeps you cool and comfortable all summer long, especially in July and August when the temperatures are likely to reach the triple digits. While your AC is a strong machine and puts up with a lot, it can sometimes require AC repair in St. George, UT. Continue reading to learn about a few of the signs that your unit needs professional help:
- Higher energy bills: Chances are, you’re going to run your AC a lot this summer. As a result, your energy bills are going to be a bit more expensive than they were when it was cooler in the spring. But if you’ve noticed a significant increase in your bills since last summer, it’s time to call us to fix your unit. As air conditioners get older and start to wear down, they tend to suck up more electricity. Call today for repairs to save money on your bills!
- Strange noises: Your AC will make noise when it’s running, but you should never hear any clanking, grinding or squealing coming from it. These sounds are signs that your unit is on its way out. Be sure to call right now if you hear strange sounds when your AC is running.
- Hot air: Your AC is supposed to do one thing: keep your home cool! If it’s blowing out hot air, you know you’re definitely in need of AC repair in St. George, UT. Even if the air is just a little bit warmer than it should be, it’s a good idea to give us a call. The problem might start out small, but it’ll only turn into a larger issue as time goes on.
- Poor airflow: Your air might be cold, but is there enough of it coming from your vents? If not, you have an issue with your air conditioner. It’s most likely a problem with the motor, but only a trained mechanic will know for sure. Pick up the phone and schedule an appointment with one of our technicians to diagnose the issue.
- Moisture: Air conditioners create condensation while they’re running. Your unit’s drip lines are supposed to keep this excess water away from the air ducts, where this moisture can lead to mold growth. Unfortunately, drip lines can become clogged up, so the moisture has nowhere to go. If you notice any dampness, call us to clear your drip lines and prevent mold buildup.
- Odors: Your air conditioner shouldn’t emit any sort of odors while it’s running. If it does, there’s probably something wrong with at least one component. A burning smell is the most serious of these odors and needs to be remedied immediately. If you notice any strange smell, especially burning, turn off your unit and call us at once.
The only good news about AC repair in St. George, UT is that it’s easy to prevent with regular maintenance. Call Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning today for an annual inspection and maintenance, and your unit should be able to last all summer long without breaking down or having any problems.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning
This post was written by admin