When Should I Service My Furnace?September 7, 2018 8:31 pm Leave your thoughts
One could rightfully argue that your furnace is the most important thing in your home during the winter. Without heat from your furnace, your health and comfort are in serious jeopardy. The only problem is that furnaces don’t last forever. Though they’re sturdy systems, they sometimes require furnace service in St. George, UT to run at peak performance. But when should you service your furnace, and who should you call when it’s time for that service? Continue reading to find out:
- It’s old: Assuming your furnace is maintained each year by a professional, it can live for up to 20 years. However, those last few years might occasionally be a little touch and go. If your furnace is getting up there in age, it’s a good idea to give us a call to come out and inspect it. If anything looks wrong, we’ll be able to fix it right away so you’ll stay nice and comfortable throughout the winter.
- High energy bills: Obviously, your energy bills are going to be a bit higher in the winter, when you run your furnace more regularly. However, your monthly bills shouldn’t be drastically higher than they were last winter. Abnormally high bills are a sign that something is amiss with your unit, and it needs to be corrected as soon as possible. Give us a call to make repairs now. Though it’ll cost you some money up front, you’ll be happy to see lower energy bills in the future.
- Strange noises: Loud squeaks and rumblings coming from your furnace are worrisome sounds. These noises are signs that something is malfunctioning, and could indicate that your unit is about to break down. Don’t ignore these noises—call us right away to fix your furnace!
- Frequent repairs: Does it seem like you’re always calling someone to come out and fix your furnace? If so, it might be time to give us a call instead! Rather than just fixing the current symptom, we’ll get to the root of the problem and fix it to ensure your unit works properly from here on out.
- Costly repairs: Are the repairs mentioned above getting a little more expensive each time around? You may want to consider replacing your furnace altogether if this is the case. A new furnace won’t break down, and will be more energy efficient than your old one.
- Yearly inspection: The best way to prolong the life of your furnace and ensure it functions properly throughout the winter is to call us each fall to inspect and clean your unit. Now is the ideal time to call us for an inspection. Winter will be here before you know it, and you’ll probably need to turn your furnace on sooner rather than later.
Don’t leave the task to any old contractor—be sure to call the professionals at Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning when it’s time for furnace service in St. George, UT. We have 20 years of experience servicing furnaces of all kinds. Give us a call today to get a free quote, or to learn more about all of our services!
Categorised in: Furnace Service
This post was written by Writer