If you want to keep your furnace in great condition for many years to come—and you should, given how expensive of an investment a new furnace is—then it’s a good idea to have a relationship and an ongoing maintenance schedule with a company that offers furnace service in St. George, UT.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the biggest benefits associated with ongoing furnace maintenance:
- Safer operation: You can get a whole lot of peace of mind from standard furnace tune-up appointments because when the job is complete, you’ll know you have a safely running furnace. Remember that most furnaces burn natural gas to create heat, which means some types of malfunctions could create some significant safety hazards. A full inspection of the system ensures you can catch small problems early on, before they become much larger issues such as fire hazards or carbon monoxide leaks.
- Financial savings: A furnace that is well maintained and gets yearly tune-ups will operate much more efficiently, saving you a good deal of cash on your monthly energy bills. You’ll quickly notice the difference, especially if you’ve not been great about scheduling furnace tune-ups in the past. Just compare your utility bill after your tune-up to previous years in which you did not get a tune-up!
- Warranty: The majority of furnace warranties require you to have yearly tune-ups performed on your system, or else that warranty becomes invalid. Obviously, you’re going to want to keep your warranty valid just in case you end up needing to make repairs or replace the system entirely in a way that’s covered by that warranty. Otherwise, you could be on the hook for a sizable expense.
- Prevent long-term issues: Scheduling yearly routine maintenance is one of the very best things you can do to extend the life of your furnace, thus avoiding having to make the significant financial investment associated with purchasing a new unit. All the tasks involved in a tune-up, such as cleaning the system, lubricating all the parts in the furnace that move and checking all the electrical connections, help to make sure the most important parts of the system are all in good working order and do not need to be repaired or replaced any sooner than absolutely necessary.
- Avoid preventable issues: As we briefly touched on earlier, another big benefit of scheduled furnace maintenance is that it helps you avoid unnecessary repairs for preventable issues. This regular maintenance comes at a low price compared to what you’d have to spend on repairs down the line if you ignored your yearly checkups altogether.
- Keep the heat: If tune-ups to your furnace keep it in good working condition, then it stands to reason that it will also prevent you from having to worry about losing heat during the middle of winter—a problem you absolutely want to avoid.
For more information about the benefits of furnace service in St. George, UT, contact the team at Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning today.
Categorised in: Furnace Service
This post was written by Writer