Heating your home with a boiler instead of a traditional HVAC system has a number of advantages. However, just like with a furnace, you need to have your boiler maintained by a professional each year. Though it’s always best to have your boiler maintained in the fall or early winter, it’s never too late to call a pro! Continue reading to learn why it’s so crucial to schedule boiler maintenance in St. George, UT this winter:
- Prevent breakdowns: Perhaps the main reason to call a professional to maintain your boiler each year is to reduce or eliminate the chance of a midseason breakdown. During his inspection, your technician can identify and replace any components of the system that appear to be failing. Though a maintenance call isn’t free, it’s a whole lot cheaper than paying for an emergency repair!
- Reduce heating costs: You won’t just save money on repair calls when you have a well-maintained boiler—you’ll also drastically reduce your monthly heating bill. Leaks, sediment buildup in the tank, corrosion and dirty burners all lead to a less energy-efficient unit. A routine maintenance call and cleaning can address all of these potential problems. You and your wallet will be delighted at how much you save throughout the winter.
- Improve comfort level: Your boiler’s job is to ensure you and your home stay nice and toasty throughout the winter. Keeping it maintained is the best way to make sure that’s possible. A well-maintained boiler runs smoothly and produces as much heat as possible throughout your entire house.
- Prolong lifespan: The last thing you want this season is to replace your boiler. Not only is a new boiler quite costly, but replacing it means you’ll be without heat for a few days until the new unit arrives—talk about being chilly! The good news is that yearly boiler maintenance in St. George, UT is proven to add years to your unit’s lifespan. As long as you call to schedule maintenance, you won’t have to worry about replacing that unit anytime soon.
- Ensure your home is safe: Though you don’t have to be afraid of them, boilers aren’t always the safest appliances in your home. Boilers can emit dangerous carbon monoxide gas, which can be fatal if the levels are high enough. Thankfully, proper cleaning and maintenance eliminate the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Your technician will pore over every detail of your boiler, so you can rest easy knowing it’s as safe as can be.
- Retain your warranty: Check your manufacturer’s warranty—there’s a good chance it says something about professional maintenance! Many manufacturers stipulate that the unit must be maintained each year, or else the warranty becomes void. Instead of missing out on the benefits of your unit’s warranty, have your boiler inspected as soon as possible.
Now is the perfect time of year to schedule boiler maintenance in St. George, UT! In addition to maintenance, Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning offers a variety of boiler services to ensure your unit runs to the best of its ability and keeps your house as comfortable as possible.
Categorised in: Boiler Maintenance
This post was written by Writer