How Long Does a Central Boiler Last?February 10, 2020 7:46 pm Leave your thoughts
Installing a central boiler is a great way to save efficiency and economically heat your home throughout the winter. But how long does a central boiler last in St. George, UT? This is one of the most common questions we hear before homeowners install one. After all, if someone’s going to make an investment, they want to ensure it lasts for a long time. Luckily, that’s what you get with a central boiler! Gas boilers last anywhere from 10 to 15 years, while electric boilers last eight to 10 years. Keep reading to learn more about a boiler’s lifecycle.
Prolong your unit’s lifespan
Boilers don’t automatically last 15 years without a little help. You can ensure your boiler lasts for as long as possible by following these tips below:
- Look for warning signs: Strange noises, bad odors, rising energy costs and poor performance are just a few of the signals that your boiler is on the fritz. If you notice any of these signs, be sure to call an HVAC technician to make necessary repairs. Having your boiler fixed sooner rather than later helps ensure it lasts for as long as possible.
- Don’t attempt repairs alone: Even if you consider yourself to be a handy person, trying to fix your boiler by yourself is probably not a good idea. On top of potentially hurting yourself, DIY repairs often lead to bigger problems down the road. Instead of attempting to fix it yourself, always call a professional.
- Lower the thermostat: There’s no reason to have the heat turned all the way up when you’re out of the house. While you’re gone for the day, turn the thermostat down a few degrees to prevent your boiler from working overtime.
- Schedule regular maintenance: Scheduling an annual inspection and tune-up is perhaps the best way to ensure you have a boiler that lasts for as long as possible. During your annual maintenance call, your professional will clean up your boiler and conduct a thorough inspection to ensure nothing is out of the ordinary.
Call our team today!
Our pros at Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning are your go-to for all sorts of HVAC needs. Here’s why you should always call us when you need help with your boiler:
- Variety of services: On top of answering questions like, “How long does a central boiler last?” we provide tons of services for all of our St. George, UT clients. From installation to repairs, we can do it all.
- Knowledgeable pros: At Calaway Heating & Air Conditioning, we only hire the best professionals in the industry. You can rest easy knowing that your boiler or furnace is in good hands when you call us.
- Fast response time: We understand that you can’t be without heat in the middle of the winter. That’s why we respond as soon as possible to all emergency repair calls.
How long does a central boiler last in St. George, UT? Whether you need help determining whether a boiler is right for your home or you need to schedule boiler maintenance service, be sure to give us a call!
Categorised in: Boiler Maintenance
This post was written by Writer